Search first, to see if someone has already made your suggestion...

New products displayed automatically at top of category (not bottom)

When I load new products they all drop to the bottom of the categories they show in, rather than being on the top as befits something new. This means when my customers tune in to my website, first impressions suggest there isn’t anything new in store. Because I categorise each of my products by lots of different variants to help customers shop, trying to manually move things up to the top is gob smackingly time consuming and my site is looking more and more out of date. Suggestion is therefore that new product appear by default on top of list instead at the bottom!

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jan TonasciaJan Tonascia shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnitaAnita commented  · 

Yes I would really like this feature as well. It takes a long time to re-jig categories, especially when a product is listed in multiple categories, and most are.

• Jess MJess M commented  · 

I completely agree. This has been bugging me for sometime and today I finally rang up about it to see if there was a way of having it changed and was told about this forum so this gets 120% of my vote, I agree it makes it look like nothing new has been added.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Time consuming to drag items manually as we have a category "just arrived"

• cazcaz commented  · 

I AGREE. I have a clothing website so definitely need the newly loaded items to be first to appear. I am sure every other industry wants the newest and latest product or service showing first. This needs IMMEDIATE ATTENTION ZEALD. If you are trying to help your customers get sales on their e commerce websites this is not helping!

• NiaNia commented  · 

This would make life lots easier!

• BarbaraBarbara commented  · 

I definitely agree, we have all sorts of categories to make searching for items in different ways easier for our customers. However, getting these items in order within the category is a nightmare and we often leave items as is which is not ideal. SKU order sorting within a category would be perfect for us.

• ChloeChloe commented  · 

Absolutely, we are poised to bulk load around 1,000 products, and wish for them to appear in SKU order, rather than at top or bottom. Ability to sort them by multiple factors (top, bottom, SKU, title, whatever) would be great.

• CraigCraig commented  · 

I agree this would make perfect sense and should be an option in the web admin product system to reverse the sort.

Feedback and Knowledge Base