Search first, to see if someone has already made your suggestion...

Allow Usernames to be changed

Currently usernames are not able to be changed. I would like to see the ability to change, as quite often customers will just use their current email address then promptly change it and then not want to continue with it afterwards. anything which helps the customer come back to our website is all good.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sam WhelanSam Whelan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Hi, this suggestion has been here for years and years - it is really frustrating that long term customers have to have their previous history wiped out as we can't change their usernames. Is there any movement on this??

• Anonymous commented  · 

totally agree on this one, people do not often keep the same email address, especially if they are logging in with a work email then change jobs, so the ability to change the username is vital!!

• MygoodnessMygoodness commented  · 

Is the system being developed still ? It seems that the top voted ideas have all been around for 4 or 5 years and we are not seeing any progress on them. Can we have an update on these please.

• IlseIlse commented  · 

it is as easy as having a client ID - that does not change

• RikhtiRikhti commented  · 

Please put this as a top priority. I have lived with this problem for a couple of years and thought it would have been fixed by now. I'm sure I am losing business because of something as simple as this. No other reputable ecommerce platform does not have this functionality - it should be a simple thing for a customer to log in and change their own email address rather than us having to waste time making new accounts. C'mon Zeald, you can do it!

• Josh RawlingsJosh Rawlings commented  · 

We agree with this platform suggestion. It seems like a no brainer, but we recently ran into this issue and discovered there's literally no way to change a customer's username unless we create a new account for them and add all of their previous purchases and credentials for their digital products on our website. Please consider adding this in the next base update!

• SamSam commented  · 

Please add this function as soon as possible to save a lot of stress in the long run :)

• NiaNia commented  · 

Just had to go through and create new accounts for several customers who have a new email address and once again lose all their previous info as I can't change user names or merge accounts - with 4,500 on my data base this is a common occurrence and getting more and more frustrating . . . any progress on this issue Zeald??

• NicolaNicola commented  · 

Completely agree, lacking this basic function adds a lot of completely unecessary frustrations to both our customers and our staff who deal with the customers. Please review this area, and employ some initiatives to improve it. It is ridiculous to have to go through this rigmaroll every time any one of our 1200 customers move, change numbers, change email addresses etc etc.. it is extremely time consuming.

• teresateresa commented  · 

I have just been told that we can not edit a customers email address (something we get asked all the time), and recommended to try and get that customer to create a new account - this is not ideal as their transaction history will be lost AND we run the risk of losing database members because they wont bother signing up again. Major flaw!! As an e-commerce website, retaining hard-won database members is paramount to success! We have only just switched to using the Zeald email program from another, to try and consolidate our resources, and in our previous email program it took about 2 seconds to edit a customers details. Very disappointed that your services are putting our database customers and therefore sales at risk. Please amend this as soon as possible!

• NiaNia commented  · 

Yes please! Seems strange it isn't a basic function as makes total sense

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I would also like this feature thanks

• JanJan commented  · 

I agree this needs to be changed. I sent too much time deleting and setting up new users just because they have changed their email address. Doing so I also loose the customer order history.

As well I noticed that customer email and therefore user names are case sensitive which lead to great confusion and mistakes as users have multiple logins with the same email address!

• Darryl GreenDarryl Green commented  · 

I totally agree with this - this is a very basic functionality that should be there, cant believe that it isn't. It is frustrating for customers and very inefficient for admin, particularly as the customer database grows. At the very least the site admin should be able to do it on request! Can someone from Zeald please explain the reason for this seemingly over the top security setting?

• darstin21darstin21 commented  · 

This is so important for us as our customers are businesses and their contacts change quite regularly when they create purchase orders through our site.

• Lulu - Zeald Support TeamAdminLulu - Zeald Support Team (Admin, Zeald Help) commented  · 

I have a lot of clients asking these types of questions so it would be really good to be able to change the username as a lot of people request it and are puzzled when they are told they can't.

• MygoodnessMygoodness commented  · 

Agreed - No one keeps the same email address now so we lose customers who want to stay and want to keep their account history. They contact us and advising us of their new email address. Or as sinister mentions the people who have a typo on their email address

• sinistersinister commented  · 

Definitely! We get emails from people wanting to update their Username because on sign up they mis-spelt it or later on they want to change. What I find is that I now have customers with multiple accounts which can mean I am sending multiple newsletters to the same person :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base