Search first, to see if someone has already made your suggestion...

Editable order notification emails

Provide the ability to edit the emails sent out when a customer makes an order on an ecommerce website, using the email editor used in email marketing

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathon Sim - Zeald Product ManagerAdminJonathon Sim - Zeald Product Manager (Zeald Product Manager, Zeald Help) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MygoodnessMygoodness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully support this. Apart from the obvious marketing benefits, currently the order confirmation email doesn't include the Company Name from the shipping address, which creates confusion for the customers and extra work for our customer service team dealing with calls from customers wanting to check up.
        Ridiculous to be told that something like that is a customisation and we would need to pay to get it changed.
        Jonathon,, you floated the idea 4 and a half years ago, there is substantial interest judging by the votes. Does this uservoice forum have any impact on your development plans?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to do this to reflect various offers, maybe coupons at different times and promote features such as our new Review feature. Given our generally awesome back end ability to edit things it is frustrating this is not included and to have to pay $197 an hour for someone else to do it. Often I need to tweak things slightly after making changes and having to pay every time is a bit discouraging.

• LynetteLynette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more, not fussed on the current standard email sent to customers and would love to be able to have it reflect our business better.

• Lulu - Zeald Support TeamAdminLulu - Zeald Support Team (Admin, Zeald Help) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI Cathy - thanks for placing a vote on this suggestion for our developers to consider. At this stage there are no immediate plans to implement this feature due to upgrades going on in other areas, however I will forward your request to our Tech Sales Support Team and ask them to provide you with an estimate of time & materials to implement this on your website.

• Cathy HuangCathy Huang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jonathon,
        This is Cathy from Windmill Kids Furniture. We would like to change the content of our payment confirmation letter to the customer who has purchased. And we would like to make change very often for promotion reason. Please let us know how we can do that.
        Thank you and looking forward to heard from you.
        Cathy

• DianaDiana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think being able to personalise your order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails would be standard on an e-commerce platform. So many companies do it so well and the customer feels like the message is personalised them. I am not happy that I paying for 2-3 hours to get just one of these emails updated across 3 websites. I hope I don't want to change the message anytime soon.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree... A customized thank you note is always recieved well. I would like to be able to edit the order email form to suit our business.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont have email marketing but i would still like the ability to edit the order email or at least the order shipped email to personalise it and hopefully increase repeat business (www.coldpacks.com.au)

Feedback and Knowledge Base